Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato Salad is bursting with flavor from the sweet potatoes and the garlicky and citrus dressing- it’s a match made in heaven!
Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato Salad, is naturally gluten free, vegan and will be your new favorite accompaniment to those summer barbecues. However, I am pretty sure you’ll enjoy this one year round!
The count down to summer is here, especially if you have kids getting ready to break from school. It’s the moment where moms have a high from the thought of a less hectic schedule and a little more fun! At least for a few weeks until we are counting down the days until school starts again, ha.
With summer comes lots of summer grilling where it’s nice to enjoy the weather and keep the heat out of the house. And when there is grilled food, there are the quintessential summer sides. Potato salad anyone?
Its one of my favorite additions. While I love a standard classic potato salad, I couldn’t stop thinking about this combo and I am pleased to say it did not disappoint! And it’s simple- minimal chopping and cooking required! You just mix everything in the bowl you are serving in and add the potatoes when they’re done.
The flavors work well together- sweet from the potatoes, garlic and citrus from the dressing and a little heat from the cayenne.
There are a handful of foods I wish my kids would like and sweet potatoes are one of them, but that doesn’t stop me from making foods I enjoy. This sweet potato salad will go well with everything- steaks, seafood, burgers, a vegetarian spread.
And this sweet potato salad is nutrient dense- full of fiber, potassium, Vitamin A and C and other rich antioxidants. This will be a welcome change to the traditionally heavier potato salad so give it a try and enjoy your upcoming summer barbecues!
Looking for other healthy barbecue sides:
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Asian Slaw With Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- Cobb Pasta Salad
- Marinated Three Bean Salad
- 2½ lb potato, peeled and cut into cubes ( large bite size chunks)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon agave
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup diced red onion (very small dice)
- 1 cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potato chunks and simmer until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl mix the lime juice, olive oil, agave, cayenne, salt, pepper, garlic and red onions. Stir in the cilantro.
- Add slightly cooled sweet potatoes and stir gently to combine dressing with potatoes. Enjoy warm, chilled or at room temperature.