As you’ve probably figured out by now, I am not a big red meat eater. Although I do appreciate all food, I prefer eating a lot of plant-based foods along with occasional chicken, fish and seafood. It’s not that I don’t ever buy meat, it’s just when I am craving protein I usually go to chicken first. I can get a chicken dish on the table in no time.
Tyson® Fresh Chicken is mindful of the challenges that busy families face during mealtime preparation. Their goal is to bring families together in a healthy, yet achievable manner. I love the versatility of chicken, the fact that it’s a lean protein and easy to prepare; perfect for any busy day of the week. Plus my whole family, including the kids, loves chicken.
If we were to have it several times a month it would it would be different each time. The most popular ways we prepare our chicken would be: grilled and added to salads, smoked with a dry rub, sautéed for chicken fajitas, boiled for chicken salad (to have for sandwiches, with crackers or to top salad), slow cooked in the crock pot for chicken tacos or pulled BBQ chicken. These are seriously just a few of our standard ways to eat chicken.
Luckily the commissary stocks mainly just Tyson Fresh Chicken; it’s affordable, all natural* and has no added growth hormones or steroids**. When they say fresh, they mean it. It is delivered to your store within days of leaving the farm. Good to know! What I also like about Tyson Fresh Chicken is that it’s raised from a family of farmers of over 75 years! Coming from a family they know how crazy mealtime can be and they help by hand-trimming each piece to save us time!
Today I’m sharing a recipe I’ve had over the years for a simple grilled chicken topped with creamy avocado and Pepper Jack Cheese or, as I like to call it Grilled Chicken Avocado Melts.
Avocado and cheese elevates those plain ol’ grilled chicken breasts and really creates a satisfying meal.
I made up a lime marinade with a bunch of spices but you could do any marinade you like and top it with any cheese you like. I put provolone on my kids because they don’t like the spice of the Pepper Jack. It’s a very easy recipe to customize to your family’s preference! You could easily grill your chicken indoors during the winter months or use the skillet or oven to cook your chicken before proceeding with the toppings. This is really can be made year-round!
You can marinate the chicken ahead of time, like I did, and have it ready to go for grilling. That way you’ll have dinner in under 30 minutes! Hope your family enjoys these Grilled Chicken Avocado Melts.
- 2-2½ pounds of Tyson chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocados (~2-3 slices per chicken breasts)
- Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Add lime juice, olive oil and spice mixture to a large bowl or large zip lock bag. Add chicken breasts and marinate for 1-4 hours (or longer).
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through (170 degrees), about 10-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Top each chicken breast with a few avocado slices and a slice of pepper jack cheese (or your cheese of choice). Turn grill down to low, close lid and let cheese melt, ~2 minutes.
For more delicious recipes visit PickTysonFresh.com
Question: What is your “go-to” chicken dish? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a kitchen gadget gift basket!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. SWEEPSTAKES HAS ENDED. THANK YOU!
Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
I was compensated by Tyson Foods to produce this recipe and write this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken