This Mediterranean Power Bowl is plant-based, high in fiber, protein and nutrients and is naturally gluten free…perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner!
It’s Recipe Redux time and I am loving the theme, because I am totally obsessed with making “bowls” especially loving plant based ones.
Plant Protein Power Bowls
“Packed with protein, fiber and color, plant power bowls are trendy and delicious. Show us the healthy recipe that’s in your bowl.”
I knew immediately what I wanted to do. Combine the staples in my house like romaine and quinoa and Greek salad flavors into one simple bowl. Great for lunch, dinner, leftovers….check!
A plant based diet is recommend for good health for many reasons. For one, you are liking replacing meat with more vegetables and whole grains. Plant based diets are packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals and replacing your regular meals with one or two meatless meals each week can have a positive impact on your health.
For this simple bowl, you can make the garbanzo bean salad mixture>> chickpeas + tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, herbs, garlic and dressing and keep that in the fridge all week. Then cook up some quinoa, store that separately. Chop some romaine (or any salad greens, but I like the crunch of romaine) at the beginning of the week and keep that in the fridge. When ready to eat, assemble your salad using desired amount of each item and use the garbanzo bean salad as your dressing. It’s packed with garlic and herbs. Who said healthy eating isn’t flavorful?
This is a super versatile way to make veggie bowls throughout the week. You can leave off the quinoa and/or romaine and still enjoy the garbanzo bean salad on it’s own.
Make sure to check out all the delicious plant based power bowls from other Recipe Reduxers below!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (I recommend freeze-dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- Chopped romaine
- Cooked quinoa
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside. Meanwhile combine garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato, garlic, dill, oregano. Stir in feta if using. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over bean mixture. When ready to eat, grab a bowl and add a handful of chopped romaine, a scoop of quinoa and a heaping portion of garbanzo bean salad. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.