Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are chewy, gluten free bars that only take a few minutes to throw together and make a great breakfast or snack!
Peanut butter oatmeal bars are super easy to make that even the kids can help. Everything is be mixed all in one-bowl and then transferred to a baking dish to bake. Check out how the recipe here (this version is with chocolate chips which I highly recommend)!
Thanks to the Recipe Redux for today’s theme since October 22nd, is National Nut Day, we will all be sharing nut-filled recipes.
When I don’t make healthy homemade snacks kids, I find I feed them more packaged foods, which I don’t like. None of this really takes much time and is so simple my 8 year old can make them herself.
Eating healthy in general can take a little planning, but I try to aim for one homemade snack recipe a week- energy bites, bars, breakfast cookies, muffins, etc. Try to set a simple goal for yourself and see what happens.
I used the staples in our house, tossed everything in a bowl and out came these bars. Aren’t one bowl recipes the best?
Eight wholesome ingredients in this bar recipe. No preservatives or junk like the packaged ones.
However, I am updating this to add my kids now “need” these bars with chocolate chips so that is the way I have been making them lately. Once you do the chocolate chips it’s hard to go back!
Nuts are a super food that fit into a healthy lifestyle because they are packed with heart healthy fats, tons of nutrients, fiber and more. Because they have protein, fat and fiber, they are very satisfying so make sure to fit them into your daily meal plan (just watch the servings as they are calorie-dense).
So cheers to the nut! Hope you enjoy these super simple bars. And if you don’t do nuts, try these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars one-bowl bars too, inspired from this recipe.
I would love to hear your favorite nut recipe!
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or can sub almond butter)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted or at room temperature
- ½ cup applesauce or smashed ripened banana
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten free if needed
- ½ cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter through vanilla extract. Add cinnamon and oats and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips if using. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth evenly with a spoon. Bake for 26-28 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Looking for more snack bars?
Oatmeal Currant Bars (Gluten Free)